Thursday, February 16, 2012

Drowning in Paper

Yay, I finally got the registration package today! It was an email with 25 attatchments!  Ya...that is A LOT of paperwork to read and sort through and work on.  I knew it was coming, however, I don't think I anticipated the depth of it. 

We have family staying this weekend.  Between cleaning for their arrival, skiing and a birthday party, I don't think that I will be tackling these forms until Monday.  I think this adoption is going to take YEARS at the rate we are going. 

One of the things we have to do is get a medical check signed by a doctor for all of us.  I haven't seen a doctor since moving here and I don't know what to do with this form.  I have an appointment with the new doctor in a month from now for something unrelated but that seems too far away!  I guess I will have to make some phone calls.  See, how this adoption is going to take a long time?!?

We have to get a police check done too.  This doesn't seem too bad.  I just have to figure out where to take the form :).

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!

Prayer request:  Doctor appointments go smoothly, forms get filled out in a timely manner, finances come together, continue doing God's Will.

4 comments:

  1. If you find a doctor you are considering check them on Rate Your MD. com. I have found it very helpful over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually used that, thanks for the idea though!

      Delete
  2. For the police check, you should just have to go to the police station, & bring your valid drivers licence with you, should only take a week or so. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was given a form to fill out so it shouldn't be too painful :)

      Delete