I love the food here!!! It's cheap too which is a bonus. I am a pretty picky eater but I have loved everything I have tried so far!
Our visits are going well. I think the orphanage staff and facilitator like us. Our facilitator complemented us at dinner; that made us feel like things are going well. The staff at the orphanage seem to like our relationship with Little Miss. There were five families meeting kids today!! We got a playroom instead of the lobby thankfully! It was so much more private. Even our translator and facilitator were in another room. Their room was connected to ours with a window the adjoined the two rooms. Whenever a staff member came to talk with us, our translator could quickly zip over to help the discussion. They must have trusted us because they left us alone most of the time.
Our visits are going well. I think the orphanage staff and facilitator like us. Our facilitator complemented us at dinner; that made us feel like things are going well. The staff at the orphanage seem to like our relationship with Little Miss. There were five families meeting kids today!! We got a playroom instead of the lobby thankfully! It was so much more private. Even our translator and facilitator were in another room. Their room was connected to ours with a window the adjoined the two rooms. Whenever a staff member came to talk with us, our translator could quickly zip over to help the discussion. They must have trusted us because they left us alone most of the time.
A little girl (around 7 years) snuck into our room (I'm sure she has some form of autism) and tried to rip Little Miss right out of my arms!!! That was eventful. We saw the older kids rooms. 15 toddler sized beds crammed into a room the size of my daughters!!! No stuffies or cuddly blankets. Very cold. Like prison. There were locks on EVERY door even if they weren't locked...they were still there!
Little Miss was a bit restless in the afternoon. I think that she was actually NOT on cold medication this time and therefore not drowsy. We were told that the staff cannot understand why she is so good and content for us. Apparently she has been quite fussy to everyone except for us. Our facilitator tried explaining to them that a child's heart knows their family and that it comes from a higher power. They didn't agree or understand what her was saying and are still puzzled at the bond we have with her. In all honesty, we think they may not have given her the medicine this afternoon just to see how it went with us. It was definitely different but she is sick and wants to be cuddled, loved, have her face caressed and her back tickled. These are not things a busy staff member will give her. God has definitely prepared this baby's heart. What a journey we are on.
Thank you to everyone that is praying for us. Thank you to all who have financially helped Little Miss find a family. Praise God we get to be her mom and dad (God Willing our judge signs the papers).
Posts from the hubby:
"Did I mention in BG nodding your head means "no", and shaking your head left to rights means "Yes". Trying to not make a mistake with that body language is hard. So I get asked a question, then I answer to the translator, usually wrong body language, which throws off the person asking the question when the translated answer is opposite. Then throw in that our translator is trying to use our backwards body language when communicating with us."
"I don't understand the driving laws. There is a bridge large enough for one car width. It seems like either the fastest car, or the nicest looking car gets right of way. One time we passed oncoming traffic (at low speed), and the only reason there wasn't contact made was because side mirrors were at different heights. Competition for parking spots is puzzling, also possibly nicest looking car. Driving backwards, for a whole block also seems legit. Quite amazing."
Posts from the hubby:
"Did I mention in BG nodding your head means "no", and shaking your head left to rights means "Yes". Trying to not make a mistake with that body language is hard. So I get asked a question, then I answer to the translator, usually wrong body language, which throws off the person asking the question when the translated answer is opposite. Then throw in that our translator is trying to use our backwards body language when communicating with us."
"I don't understand the driving laws. There is a bridge large enough for one car width. It seems like either the fastest car, or the nicest looking car gets right of way. One time we passed oncoming traffic (at low speed), and the only reason there wasn't contact made was because side mirrors were at different heights. Competition for parking spots is puzzling, also possibly nicest looking car. Driving backwards, for a whole block also seems legit. Quite amazing."
No comments:
Post a Comment