Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dossier to be mailed to agency tomorrow (today)

I am getting excited again!  After one month of waiting for hubby's test results, we finally got them today!  Whoot whoot.  He's in the clear (and we knew he would be but having the test done was just another procedure we had to endure).  Unfortunately, however, when I went to pick up both of our forms from the doctor's office, mine was nowhere to be found.  Seriously?!?!? Arg!  Hopefully tomorrow morning (hmm, it looks like it is after midnight now so, more like today) this will be cleared up and I can sing and dance my tushy all the way to the post office with my dossier paperwork.  Oh ya, oh ya!!!  Whoot whoot! 

Also being mailed off tomorrow (or should I say "today" ha ha) is an application for an adoption grant we are applying for.  The maximum they will "grant" is $3500.  I'm hoping that all of our hard work gets us a full grant.  Honestly, I will be happy with anything.  I am not greedy.  The paperwork for this sucker was ridiculous though!  It was worse than the dossier paperwork (actually it was very similar but in a more frustrating/personal way)!  It was 14 pages long, we needed three references (a friend, coworker and our pastor), copies of our licences, home study, income tax return, and pay stub!  Did I mention how insane this was?!?!?  We EACH had to write paragraphs about our church involvement (it is a Christian-based grant), spiritual testimony, why we are adopting, philosophies on education and spirituality training of our kids, our parenting style and skills training we may have received, and our views on certain Bible topics (creation, "the fall", redemption).  We also had to give a very THOROUGH account of all of our assets, liabilities, net worth and cash flow. 

Seriously, the work to create this grant application was excessive and, in all honesty, I just about said screw it!  I had to think of the end result every time I felt this way.  When all is said and done, our daughter will be worth all of this!

I wonder what tomorrow's Canada Post bill will be?  I'm thinking that I will register mail the dossier paperwork for sure as I need to send an original marriage certificate.  I think the other package needs to be registered also since it contains so much personal stuff.  I don't know!!?!?!  I looked into UPS and Purelator and they seem cheaper but more hassle.  Not too sure because I live in the middle of nowhere according to the rest of the province.  I think hubby will have to look into this for us (like he doesn't have anything better to do with his time...)

Thank you to all who have been praying for us. Without a doubt, we are truly grateful for the support we received from so many people.  Truly, truly grateful.

Well, it is off to bed for me.  Tomorrow is going to be a killer to get up for.  Kids included as they were trick-or-treating well past their bedtimes.  Take care!

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to get that dossier done! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete