Friday, December 21, 2012

Blessed

I know this is a bit late.  It has been a crazy busy week.  School was winding down for Christmas break and we had three concerts for the girls this week.  Then to top things off, I have been sick for two weeks (going on three) and the girls have been taking turns becoming sick in one way or another. 

Our first fundraiser was hosted by our church last Sunday.  Let me just say...it went above and beyond our expectations.  God told us to trust Him.  I admit, that I panicked, I doubted and I was scared that the fundraiser wasn't going to be a success.  My standard for a successful event was to *hopefully* fundraise something over $500 (I was really hoping for $1000).  Can you imagine our surprise when we were told that we were blessed with EIGHT times the amount that I predicted!?!?!Eight TIMES...our church raised and blessed our family with over $4000!!!!!!  Our NEXT set of fees is available!!!!! As soon as we get a proposal we are ready to go :)   Well, that is until we have to travel ha ha!

Thank you to all who donated items to our auction; the kids who created the art and ornaments to be auctioned and, of course, the people who bid and donated financially.  We are humbled and grateful to be able to put these blessings towards this little girl's ransom!  Our daughter-to-be was blessed with a BEAUTIFUL blanket that was donated by one awesome lady and bid by another amazing woman.  The bidder donated it to our little one!  I CAN NOT wait to wrap her up in it!  It's so soft and heavy.  It will be a great sensory blanket for her!

We were in total shock and disbelief for a couple of days following the news of the amount raised.  We were filled with so many emotions. We felt extremely blessed and humbled and in complete awe.  We also felt like fools because we got scared, because we panicked and questioned and doubted leading up to the day.  We keep seeing the awesomeness of God and how He is preparing the way for his child.  God put us on this path and He is definitely making the path straight!  Maybe one day I will get over myself and stop taking things into my own hands; stop worrying and doubting and trust more. 

“I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.  (Matt 17:20)

This verse played over and over in my head the days leading up to the fundraiser.  A mustard seed is so very very tiny and I can't even come up with that much faith at times!  Even when I know in my heart and have seen the proof and keep telling myself, " God has a plan, God is in control, trust God, etc", I would still hear the voice of opposition.  Sometimes it comes through thoughts of doubt and fear and other times it comes through other people's words and actions.

While we wait for our paperwork to be accepted by the B government, we ask that people join us in prayer as we wait to hear the results of the grant we applied for.  We *should* be hearing back with the decision in the next couple of weeks.  It will be also be a huge blessing to our adoption fund! It still frustrates me how expensive international adoption is.  It's just not fair to the poor children that are waiting for a family.  Thank you to everyone that prays for us.  Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you on the outcome of your fundraiser and praying that you get good news on your grant and your dossier submission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I was stoked to hear the total amount. I was disappointed that I couldn't be there that Sunday to see how much my donations went for, but I'm glad to hear that the bidding must have taken on a life of its own. :-)

    ReplyDelete