Our Dossier has taken its trip around Canada! Whoop whoop! It is being sent off to B in the next day or so (at least that is what my agency had said). I just mailed off the next fees to the agency today too. Nothing like paying over $2000 right before Christmas! Barf! Oh well, maybe, just maybe we will have our wee one here next Christmas???? You never know!
I went to the bank today to get the money order (we had to have the fees transferred to USD funds...make sense??? I don't think so either!). The lady helping me waived the bank fees once she figured out it was for an adoption. How nice was that!?!? I, then, went back to the post office (they know me there now ha ha) to have the money order mailed off. I must have sounded like a crazy lady to them. I was basically saying to the poor lady behind the counter that the envelope was a money order and asked if it was best to register mail it because it is worth a lot of money and I didn't want it lost or anything blah blah blah....ha ha! She looked at the envelope that clearly states it's to the adoption agency and tells me that the truck is out back and she'll stick it on right now (which she did as I was standing there). Wow! Nice people today! God put the right people in my path today.
Now it is time to get the fundraising pumping! Once the dossier is submitted to the Ministry of Justice in B, they will review it and may request additional documents (arg, I pray they don't need anything else from us!!!). Once our application is accepted, we will be entered into the database of adoptive applicants waiting to be matched with our daughter!!!! Oh.My.Goodness!!!! Yikes!
Once we are matched (this could be very quickly or could be a while too), we will be required to pay our agency $4700 to go ahead and proceed. So...this is the next targeted fee! It looks VERY daunting. We are still praying that we receive the grant from ABBA. It would make a HUGE dent in the $4700. Please add this to your prayers.
After the proposal fees are paid, then come the ones for the agency in B, travel, accommodations, orphanage donations, food, passport for child, etc. After talking with the travel agent, we estimate our travel to be over $6000 each trip. Yay! Factor in the B agency fees, etc this portion of the adoption process will cost around $20000.
What a scary number. I think I may need to have a piece of chocolate!
God has opened doors throughout this journey. We continue to ask for your prayers, specifically for the grant to be given to us, the paperwork to get to the right people, the forms to be good, ,all the people involved in every aspect of this journey, our family, the little girl we are waiting for, and for the fundraiser on Sunday to be successful.
Thanks!
oh, exciting!! I'll be praying for you as you wait to be matched for your funding!
ReplyDelete