Our thermometer just jumped up $1000!! Yipee!!! God is Good!!!!
Thank you to whomever donated a big portion of that!
We are getting closer and closer to having the funds for Trip #1 where we will get to meet our child!! Oooo, I cannot wait until that moment!!!
I have nothing profound or exciting to say today. I just wanted people to see that we have bumped up our thermometer accordingly. If you click anywhere on that thermometer it will bring you to a breakdown of where our fees are allocated.
Our travel fees are based on a humanitarian rate offered by the travel agency. This is the best price that we have come across thus far. It is also based on prices 6 months to a year ago so I am sure our estimates are rather low.
We also have not factored in updating our homestudy because it will be a year soon (it needs to be updated every year) and childcare for the two trips. Child care is a bit ambiguous right now. It really depends on when we get matched and when our travel dates are to take place. Ideally, summer holidays would have be perfect. Unfortunately, however, it doesn't look like this will be the case since summer holidays are quickly approaching.
I don't know...I always had this gut feeling that we would be in B* over Christmas holidays... I guess we will see what happens :)
I am really excited about our next FUNdraiser happening June first! If you are in the area we would LOVE for you to come out to this event!
It is a Poker Tournament. YOU DO NOT NEED to know how to play!!!! There are CHEAT SHEETS! There is NO GAMBLING of your own money. The coordinators of the even just ask for a $20.00 "Buy-in" (a spot to play/donation to the fundraiser). You are given a certain amount of fun money! Spend it all at once or figure out how to outsmart your tablemates (yep, I made that word up ha ha)!!! The hubby will be BBQing (I should probably tell him that ha ha). There are prizes! I really hope to see some people there (or it will be a really boring game by myself).
If you cannot make it out, I have heard that they are accepting donations! There have been a couple of people that have already gone this route and I just want to give a great big THANK YOU for their support! We are really truly amazed at the love that people have for this little girl to find a FOREVER FAMILY!!!! AHHHHH, I can't wait to MEET HER!!!!
There is a Facebook Event page for the Poker Tournament. If you need the details, leave me a message here, talk to me in person, FB, etc.
Have a super wonderful fantastic day!!!
Hi Christine, I stumbled upon your blog while checking out a block a stumbled upon through another blog....and so it goes :) my husband and I are also Canadian and considering adopting a child with downs syndrome...though we are still a couple of years away. I follow a few blogs of american families who have adopted, or given birth to a little one with downs but your only the second Canadian blog I've found! So I read with great interest :). Anyway, I just thought I'd send a quick note to see if you guys just might happen to live anywhere near the lower mainland of B.C. because I'd love to come out and support your family at your poker night. My email address is tracyarndt@hotmail.com.
ReplyDelete