We leave today. It is almost 1am. I should be sleeping because we are leaving early to make the 3 hour drive to the airport. I'd like to know how many adoptive parents actually get rest before something like this? Goodness, we have waited for this day for years and yet it still does not feel real. I was good/ calm for the most part until I tucked my girls in. Our third daughter put on a brave face but mom sees through it. Our second daughter gets emotional when dad leaves on business trips. Having mom and dad leave was too much for her. She tried REALLY hard to put on a brave face but mom saw right through it. Of course her tears brought on mine (my mom also saw through my brave face ha ha).
I have never left my kids like this. EVER. I don't enjoy this part at all. Sure, the girls drive me batty at times, but they are my world. This is breaking my heart. I am asking for prayers of peace for this momma's heart. Please.
I cannot WAIT to meet our new daughter. I especially cannot wait to bring her home to her sisters. I cannot wait to watch her discover a world outside her institutional doors. I cannot wait to hug her and tuck her in at night and to let her know that her mom loves her soooo much and that I would do every minute of this over again just to see her loved. No one should be without a family. No child should be left alone.
We are not superheroes. We are ordinary people taking every day one day at a time (and sometimes it is minute by minute ha ha). We praise God for putting us on this path. I don't know why He chose us for this? I often ask "Why us" and the answer I always get back is, "Why Not?" God's got this.
Please continue to pray for us. We are gone for 10 days. Please pray for my mom (and brother) as they try to survive the upcoming days with the fabulous five. Please pray for Lilyanna and that she accepts us and bonds to us and is healthy. Please pray for our meetings. Please pray for us on the 29th when we get our final visit with her and then have to leave her for months before coming to get her for good. I'm already deeply dreading November 29th immensely.
Thanks.
Praying! So excited for your trip and to hear all the details.
ReplyDeleteLeaving your girls brought tears to my eyes. I remember it well. Leaving Livi is still the hardest thing I have EVER done in my life. Though I didn't have to leave Sofie in Bulgaria for months… Can't imagine!
ReplyDelete