Friday, December 6, 2013

The Dreaded Last Visit

November 29

Today is the dreaded last visit with Little Miss. Please pray for us today for strength and peace as we visit with her and then leave her behind. I want to puke. My head is pounding. Not only is my heart completely broken for this child and the other children here, but I miss my girls back home too. I feel like I have two broken hearts right now. One here and one across the ocean.

I may have cried just a wee bit today. In one week we have established a bond with one of the toughest, flexible, silly, gentle, stubborn, beautiful, smart, amazing little girls in BG. You can tell the caregivers that adore her. It took until today for them to ask why we chose to adopt a child with Down syndrome. They are excited to see her go to a family with beautiful sisters. They cannot comprehend how I do not work. It is not common to have a large family here.

We sat down with the director before departing.  She is one tough looking lady. She doesn't smile often. I cracked a smile a couple of times this week from her and I actually saw her tear up when I was melting down explaining how we will miss our New Sister.

We drove to the capital to sign our papers. I would not want to be a translator. The poor guy had to read every single legal word and number for an hour. Yuck.

We said goodbye to our driver, lawyer and translator. Tomorrow we fly to London to spend the night and then make the long flight home. I may be a walking zombie this coming up week so don't expect much ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading every word about your trip to meet your daughter. It brought smiles and so many memories and sadness at knowing how heartbroken you are to have to leave her and be separated for so many months. Praying for you and for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabrina! I LOVED following your blog! You have been so supportive to us! Thanks so much :)

      Delete