Number 6 is going to be another princess and this time the gender is by choice! Now do you understand why the name and format of our blog is so girly?
Why another girl you might wonder? Especially by choice? Doesn't Corey have a say? Doesn't he want a boy to carry on his name and have someone to do manly things with?
Let me start off by saying, yes, of course Corey wants a boy. Heck, I'd like to shop in the boy section too! But, it is what it is and we are blessed with girls. By the way, I did not force him to choose girl over boy, nor did I have to persuade him in any way, shape or form. In fact, it was him who convinced me that a female was the more fitting choice for our family situation. The main reason for us pursuing a girl, however, is that we are pursuing a special needs adoption.
Because of the type of adoption we are seeking, a daughter with (____blank_____), we believe that it will be much easier for the older girls to relate to, and help out with, any "girly" issues of the youngest daughter. (The "__blank___" is for another post!!!). As the girls all grow into adolescents and adults, they will be able to assist (if need be) in change rooms, hotels, and basically anywhere else where privacy is needed. Does this make sense? I hope so.
Besides, we are already set up for girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment