We have had a very busy week. It is scary how fast time can zoom past you!
We got our police checks done. Thankfully, it didn't cost us any money and it was completed while we were at the station. All clear :) Phew, with the luck we have been having I was sure something was going to go wrong there too.
We have not had a smooth ride on this journey. Every time we go to do something, we are faced with an obstacle or challenge. It is very frustrating. It starts to work havoc on our mental and emotional responses. On one hand, we start questioning whether this is God's Will and then on the other hand we see this as Satan testing our faith. Both are not good positions to be in.
All the challenges and roadblocks just keep bringing us to our knees. So, if it is Satan...then he is getting the complete opposite reaction than he is looking to get. We are following God. Whether we understand what is going on or not, whether we are given challenges or open doors, whether we are going to end up with another daughter or not. For some reason or another, we are meant to be on this journey, we are meant to reach out to others and we are meant to take this leap of faith.
I wasn't prepared to answer personal questions with the lady at the police station. As she was entering our information into the computer, out of the blue she says, "you must go to church". When I validated her, she told me that what we are doing seemed like a Christian thing. Umm... honestly, I don't know a lot of families down this road Christian or not. Sure the majority of blogs that I read are Christian families. Maybe there is truth to her statement, maybe not. I am just happy she didn't categorize me in a negative way. I am humbled that I am able to show God's hand in this adoption...very, very humbled.
This same lady threw a couple more politically incorrect terms at me this morning as well. It was a definite wake up call at how some members of society view international adoption, minorities and individuals with disabilities. Oh boy, I need to do some more reading to better equip myself for these statements.
No comments:
Post a Comment